This past weekend a friend asked me to start blogging again. I kind of forgot I used to blog. But apparently I did for about 7 years of my life. I can't remember the password for that site so I just started a new one. But here is the link to the old site incase you didn't know me back then. And our life seems so different now, it didn't feel right to just write a new post after a 4 year absence. So here we are, this is us. As of today the kids are 12, 10, 9 and 5. Chip and I have birthdays coming up soon. I may blog about those. We are from Alabama but live in Arkansas by way of Louisiana. Chip fights fires and sells big red trucks to provide for our family. To say he loves the fire industry is an understatement. He does see a lot of tragedy but I also refer to his duty days as his "every 3rd day slumber party". He likes to say his hobby is 12 year-old baseball. Between our family of 6 and his 2 jobs, coaching our oldest's tournament baseball team is literally his only hobby. But he absolutely loves it and it's a family affair. I am positive that will be a post pretty soon since we are in the middle of the season. I stay home, homeschool 2 of the 4 kids, sell Beautycounter and Plexus because I am concerned about what goes on our skin and in our bodies. I try to mentor a few younger ladies, and I love my Friday morning bible study. Remember the whole homeschool role and the husband with two jobs? Mama needs adult time! Other things that occupy my time are laundry, dishes and thinking about how I really should start exercising again. This is us.
I have a constant barrage of thoughts swirling around in my head. Even now I don't know where to start. I was exercising the other day in my neighborhood. Couch 2 5K week 3. My mind was able to think clearly. I was giving myself pep talk after pep talk. And wanting to give other people pep talks too about being your own person, being your best self, not putting others down just because their goals may not be your goals etc. I don't get on Facebook much. It gets on my nerves. So many opinions and things for sale. And then I am one of them. And its disconnect. People are brave behind their keyboard but not with real words in real face time. I think it overwhelms me. I love the prettiness of Instagram but it's not an outlet for thoughts. So, that led me to blogging...again. And since I am exercising my body...again, I may as well exercise my blog...again. They go hand in hand for me really. When I am running I can think. When I think I want to write. I have...

LOVE! Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteWhohoo! Welcome back to blogland- now I can see you guy more often! :)
ReplyDeleteYes I am excited about that for sure!
Delete